What's new

wifi network connection shipped with Win 10 laptop returns 'no internet secured'

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cruckster

New Around Here
Below is the question I asked in Microsoft Community in January 2018. None of the solutions have worked. BulldogXX suggested I try this forum. The problem appears to be with the network adapter in the Dell Inspiron or the Firmware on the BT router. Is there another type of Network adapter I can use? Has anyone any suggestions, please? Thanks for your help. Cruckster.

"How can I fix the connection issues I am having with a Windows 10 machine? I have tried the solutions in this article. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues but none have been successful.

Here’s the background. I got a new Dell Inspiron 15 in November 2017 with Windows 10. When trying to connect to a home wifi I got the message ‘No internet, secured’. All other devices in the household have no problem in getting an internet connection, and this includes a machine on Windows 8, machine on Windows 7 and also two smartphones. I checked the internet and found that others are having the same problem, but that also it appears to be one that comes and goes. So the connection is unstable. This is exactly what is happening with my Windows 10 machine. Since buying the laptop, I have been trying the fixes in the article above and have been logging connection rates since 19th December 2017 and until 27th December no internet connection was possible. From 27th December to 3rd January all four attempts to connect were successful. On December 4th a Dell update was installed and connection was lost. Connection came back after a restart and entry of security key. The next day, no connection. Then connection was successful and a Windows update that took hours to install occurred. The next day, connection was successful. On 9th January, connection unsuccessful. Amongst all this, when Connection is successful I sometimes get the Error INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT FOUND.

I have had two long service desk calls to Dell and they took me through a range of changes e.g. uninstalling smartbyte, running the system optimisation, which didn't help. I used the laptop on holiday and did not have this problem when connecting to public wifi. Also I don't think other things are disturbing the system - I have tried to connect in different rooms at home and still get the same error.
Here are the details of the Dell machine.

Dell Inspiron 5565. Windows 10 home version 1703. OS build 15063.786. "

If you bought the laptop new from Dell I can't understand why Dell did not warranty the item.

I assume you are running the latest BIOS. You will need to state which wireless router and firmware version you are using and are you working with 5GHz or 2.4 GHz. There needs to be a lot more detail.

Thanks - yes I am running the latest BIOS - its DELL-1, 1.1.1. I'll check the wireless router and post another reply with the details later.

If you bought the laptop new from Dell I can't understand why Dell did not warranty the item.

I assume you are running the latest BIOS. You will need to state which wireless router and firmware version you are using and are you working with 5GHz or 2.4 GHz. There needs to be a lot more detail.

I'm using a BT Home Hub 3.0 Wireless router. The firmware is version 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.15.2 (type A). I think it must be 2.4 GHz, though it doesn't specify this. Let me know if you need more info

Below is the question I asked in Microsoft Community in January 2018. None of the solutions have worked. BulldogXX suggested I try this forum. The problem appears to be with the network adapter in the Dell Inspiron or the Firmware on the BT router. Is there another type of Network adapter I can use? Has anyone any suggestions, please? Thanks for your help. Cruckster.

"How can I fix the connection issues I am having with a Windows 10 machine? I have tried the solutions in this article. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues but none have been successful.

Here’s the background. I got a new Dell Inspiron 15 in November 2017 with Windows 10. When trying to connect to a home wifi I got the message ‘No internet, secured’. All other devices in the household have no problem in getting an internet connection, and this includes a machine on Windows 8, machine on Windows 7 and also two smartphones. I checked the internet and found that others are having the same problem, but that also it appears to be one that comes and goes. So the connection is unstable. This is exactly what is happening with my Windows 10 machine. Since buying the laptop, I have been trying the fixes in the article above and have been logging connection rates since 19th December 2017 and until 27th December no internet connection was possible. From 27th December to 3rd January all four attempts to connect were successful. On December 4th a Dell update was installed and connection was lost. Connection came back after a restart and entry of security key. The next day, no connection. Then connection was successful and a Windows update that took hours to install occurred. The next day, connection was successful. On 9th January, connection unsuccessful. Amongst all this, when Connection is successful I sometimes get the Error INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT FOUND.

I have had two long service desk calls to Dell and they took me through a range of changes e.g. uninstalling smartbyte, running the system optimisation, which didn't help. I used the laptop on holiday and did not have this problem when connecting to public wifi. Also I don't think other things are disturbing the system - I have tried to connect in different rooms at home and still get the same error.
Here are the details of the Dell machine.

Dell Inspiron 5565. Windows 10 home version 1703. OS build 15063.786. "

I could not get a stable connection, so bought one of these: Wifi Adapter Soconic 600Mbps WiFi Dongle Mini Dual Band 2.4G/5G USB Wireless Network Adapter Support for Win 7/8/8.1/10/XP/Vista. Using this I can get a stable connection. Thanks for your suggestions. Hope this helps.

Dell Inspiron 5565. Windows 10 home version 1703. OS build 15063.786

What card is installed in the Dell?

I've got a couple of Dells with the 1705 Wireless Adapter (Atheros based single stream card with integrated Bluetooth) - it's a cheap card, but it's useful

Go into the Win10 side of things, and disable Hotspot 2.0 - solves a lot of problems