What's new

Wifi problem when Enable Reboot Scheduler.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

simpleton

New Around Here
Hi,

I noticed my wifi acting funky with the enable reboot scheduler on ax-88u running merlin's firmware 384.16. I have tried hard-resetting my device and the problem still seems to persist. All devices are able to connect to wifi 5 ghz, but not 2.4ghz or sometimes it's only 2.4ghz and not 5ghz. The only solution I have at this point is simply not to use the reboot scheduler. Anyone else here seen this problem?

Anyone else here seen this problem?
I also have an RT-AX88U (rev 1). Although I updated to 384.17, I've been running with the reboot scheduler enabled for all versions for the last year, including obviously 384.16, and have had no issues with wifi 5g or 2.4g

Thanks for the reply!
I decided to revert back to stock firmware for a day to see if my 2.4ghz was still acting up and proceeded to update 384.17. Looks like everything is working perfectly normal again.

I also have an RT-AX88U (rev 1). Although I updated to 384.17, I've been running with the reboot scheduler enabled for all versions for the last year, including obviously 384.16, and have had no issues with wifi 5g or 2.4g
I had a different issue when I set up my AX88U to schedule a reboot overnight. In the following morning, I noticed that the router had not obtained an IP from my ISP. I had to disconnect and reconnect the WAN cable in order to get a new lease from the ISP.
I turned off the scheduler and the router is now renewing leases OK.