What's new

Wifi Router as Access Point

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xsystemx

New Around Here
I have 2 Dlink routers DI-604 & D-LINK WBR-1310.

Routers such as the one listed above has the option to disable NAT and enable Access Point.

Will I be able to configure a wireless access point/bridge with this type of router instead of buying a bridge/access point?

For example, the router downstairs would be the main router and then I would like to setup another router upstairs as an wireless access point to connect all my devices from my family room to my main router.

My goal is to do this via wireless in order to avoid drilling holes in the walls/floor for another patch cord. In other words, it would be a access point/bridge and act as a repeater.

You can convert them to access points. But they don't support bridging / repeating.

Is there a way to use a hacked or open firmware in order to achive/complete my project with the equipment I already have/mentionned previously?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!