What's new

WIFI SIgnal cutting in and out - 3.0.0.4.220.18

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

amorak

Regular Contributor
Hi guys,

I was running 3.0.0.3.XXX and everything was fine - upgraded to 3.0.0.4.220 and my iphone and ipad are intermittently losing internet. Furthermore, the wifi connection seems to drop on occasion and the phones go 3G. IN these cases the wifi SSID is still showing but nothing can connect to it... This wasn't happening on the previous version of the firmware I was running.

I am going back to 3.0.0.3.XXX to see if that solves it - any thoughts on why the internet. I will reply back if this fixes it. Any suggestions on what I may have set wrong on the 3.0.0.4.XXX version in AP mode that could have caused internet / wifi to be dropped intermittently?

Hi guys,

I was running 3.0.0.3.XXX and everything was fine - upgraded to 3.0.0.4.220 and my iphone and ipad are intermittently losing internet. Furthermore, the wifi connection seems to drop on occasion and the phones go 3G. IN these cases the wifi SSID is still showing but nothing can connect to it... This wasn't happening on the previous version of the firmware I was running.

I am going back to 3.0.0.3.XXX to see if that solves it - any thoughts on why the internet. I will reply back if this fixes it. Any suggestions on what I may have set wrong on the 3.0.0.4.XXX version in AP mode that could have caused internet / wifi to be dropped intermittently?

Did you erase the nvram after upgrading to the .220 firmware? You should do that...one way to do that is to telnet into the router as the "admin" user, and give this command:

mtd-erase -d nvram
reboot

Then you'll need to manually re-enter your router's settings after that. Don't use a saved settings file for re-entering your settings.

Hopefully this will get you back up.

I had iPad dropping wifi issues when I had the SSID of both the 2.4 and 5Ghz set to the same thing. Not sure if that has anything to do with your issue but using different SSIDs my wifi is great. (The firmware has a "use 2.4Ghz settings for 5Ghz too" so I figured it would be ok... it wasn't)

Using Merlin 3.0.0.4.220.18b.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!