What's new

Wifi Site Survey Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

archiel

Very Senior Member
Can anyone recommend any Wi-Fi survey software to run on an AX88U (or AC87U). I can run various apps from my android phone (Wi-Fi analyser, Wi-Fi monitor)? I don't use laptops when at home and my desktops and servers do not have any wifi connectivity. The Wi-Fi is mainly used for phones, ipads, tvs and other media devices.

In theory there is WiFi Radar on the AX88U and also Site Survey on the AC87U (connected to the lan port of the AX88U), however WI Fi Radar cannot even see the 5ghz signal on the AC87U and vice versa and both only contain a subset of the channels that can be seen via Android.

While I can continue to keep using my phone, it would be nice to have a something I can run in a browser or on a desktop that gives a full view of neighbouring traffic.

Can anyone recommend any Wi-Fi survey software to run on an AX88U (or AC87U). I can run various apps from my android phone (Wi-Fi analyser, Wi-Fi monitor)? I don't use laptops when at home and my desktops and servers do not have any wifi connectivity. The Wi-Fi is mainly used for phones, ipads, tvs and other media devices.

In theory there is WiFi Radar on the AX88U and also Site Survey on the AC87U (connected to the lan port of the AX88U), however WI Fi Radar cannot even see the 5ghz signal on the AC87U and vice versa and both only contain a subset of the channels that can be seen via Android.

While I can continue to keep using my phone, it would be nice to have a something I can run in a browser or on a desktop that gives a full view of neighbouring traffic.

Try this:

Not going to be on your router but on your PC if you have one.
Looks interesting but presumably the PC needs a WiFi adaptor - as noted above mine do not - unless there is a way it can run from the desktop and access the traffic from the router's wifi adaptor.

You may wish to try the following Entware package: [horst] On the router it is text only tool.
According to my knowledge it can also be ran in "server mode" - running on the router, but info is displayed and analysed on any client PC running horst in "client mode".