What's new

Wifi slow performance after 1 month of very good perfomance (kid room)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Asusrouterlover

Regular Contributor
my 5g wifi suddenly has bad performance some time drop-down in the kid's room.
before everything was fine and no problem
My Router RT-AX88U
any help will be fine

The one I like the most is Network Analyzer which is available on Android and iOS. For Android 9 and above, you need to disable WiFi scan throttling. Other than interference from neighbours, physical objects like walls and furniture can block 5GHz signal easily too. The solution could be as simple as rearrange the router or furniture a few inches away.

I call the Asus USA support team he says I must return to the original firmware from asus.com :mad: . I purchase an Asus router because I love Asus-merlin firmware.

I call the Asus USA support team he says I must return to the original firmware from asus.com :mad: . I purchase an Asus router because I love Asus-merlin firmware.
Nonsense. I have switched between official and Merlin FWs w/o any difference on WiFi performance. The truth is, most manufacturers' tech supports are worthless because they just read from the scripts with zero knowledge.

It's your router to do with as you please, but I would not expect ASUS Support to troubleshoot third-party firmware. So, they will naturally suggest/request/instruct (it's all the same thing) using stock firmware.

It is not uncommon to return equipment, especially new equipment, to stock condition to continue troubleshooting, especially with OEM Support.

>>my 5g wifi suddenly has bad performance some time drop-down in the kid's room.

I suggest you need to investigate this further for more clues. Is the 5.0 signal present and healthy looking? Is the client link rate as you would expect... say 866 Mbps for an ACx2 connection? etc. Keep working the problem to determine where the 'slow down' is occurring. Also know that hardware faults can occur early in the life of a new box, so if weirdness persists in stock basic usage, you will likely have to work with ASUS Support to get to an RMA.

OE

Last edited:
It's your router to do with as you please, but I would not expect ASUS Support to troubleshoot third-party firmware. So, they will naturally suggest/request/instruct (it's all the same thing) using stock firmware.

It is not uncommon to return equipment, especially new equipment, to stock condition to continue troubleshooting, especially with OEM Support.

>>my 5g wifi suddenly has bad performance some time drop-down in the kid's room.

I suggest you need to investigate this further for more clues. Is the 5.0 signal present and healthy looking? Is the client link rate as you would expect... say 866 Mbps for an ACx2 connection? etc. Keep working the problem to determine where the 'slow down' is occurring. Also know that hardware faults can occur early in the life of a new box, so if weirdness persists in stock basic usage, you will likely have to work with ASUS Support to get to an RMA.

OE

I have 5 guest networks I will start to delete 3 right now and I will keep just 2 guest wifi
PS: nobody uses this guest network I just make it for Test
the question here is did the guest network slow down wifi performance?

I am doing my wifi site survey and I will give the result tomorrow night

Also look out for other cordless devices in the area that may be interfering in the subject radio spectrum, like cordless phones, headphones, etc. (turn them OFF to test).

OE

Problem Solved 80%

Action:

1-Delete unnecessary Guest Wifi (I Delete 3 Guest Wifi)
2-Make Your Router Position high from floor 150 CM (Pls Don't But Your Router In The Ground)
3-Old Hardware Devices Drop Singal New Hardware Devices Not use old Andriod phone Like (S7-S8-S9) to Mesure your RSSI - SNR - for laptop I use www.tethabyte.com (best of the best Tool)
4-you need to check your SSID but in your mind, the following concept RSSI (Low Value Always Good) SNR (High Value Is Good) use www.tethabyte.com will do the job for you (try 3d view signal)
5-i have Great Software from android (Wifiman - analiti) available on google play Don't Forget to disable WiFi scan throttling

PS: for equal signal distribution

before installing a new router always chose the best position in your house for Wifi Router Use Wifiman (Goto Signal Mapper) App

use iperf3 server from your laptop to broadcast a stable speed connection to measure bandwidth in your house otherwise, internet connections are not stable to do this job because of the shared connection policy.

:):):)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!