What's new

Wifi stops broadcasting after editing wifi parameters

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Krism

Regular Contributor
Every time when I change any setting of my wlan, all ssid's stop broadcasting.
Only solution so far, reboot the device and everything is working again.

Any idea's what is causing this issue? I have this with stock rom and any merlin rom version.

Any suggestion to restart wlan through cli?

Every time when I change any setting of my wlan, all ssid's stop broadcasting.
Only solution so far, reboot the device and everything is working again.

Any idea's what is causing this issue? I have this with stock rom and any merlin rom version.

Any suggestion to restart wlan through cli?

Try using the Jack Yaz scRmerlin script. :)

Maybe a hardware fault as I don't remember ever seeing anybody report such a problem. Look in the router's syslog for clues to the cause.

Thx for the link. In the syslog is not mutch, the restart of wireless service is there, but then nothing more
If there is anything of significance it would be before the restart and not after it: you’d be looking for the reason the wireless SSIDs stopped broadcasting, which, of course, would be before you rebooted.

Maybe you could trigger an entry - if indeed there are any. Just make a change of the type that causes the problem, then check that the SSIDs have gone off the air, and then go look in syslog.

By the way, which router model and how long have you been running Merlin’s firmware, and are you confident you correctly carried out the reset to factory default settings after flashing with Merlin?

If there is anything of significance it would be before the restart and not after it: you’d be looking for the reason the wireless SSIDs stopped broadcasting, which, of course, would be before you rebooted.

Maybe you could trigger an entry - if indeed there are any. Just make a change of the type that causes the problem, then check that the SSIDs have gone off the air, and then go look in syslog.

By the way, which router model and how long have you been running Merlin’s firmware, and are you confident you correctly carried out the reset to factory default settings after flashing with Merlin?
I'll try to trigger an entry.

It is an asus ac3200 and running merlin for about a year now but the problem was from the beginning even with the stock firmware.
It wasn't a big issue then but now I'm trying some things with my wifi and everytime I have to reboot which isn't ideal

I'll try to trigger an entry.

It is an asus ac3200 and running merlin for about a year now but the problem was from the beginning even with the stock firmware.
It wasn't a big issue then but now I'm trying some things with my wifi and everytime I have to reboot which isn't ideal
And did you carry out a reset to factory default settings after flashing with Merlin, and then re-inserting your personal settings by hand (ie not from a backup file)?

(I know you said it was like this even on stock firmware.)

It can take 1-2minutes to wifi come up. 5Ghz takes longer if you use DFS channel. Checking if there is radarstation near router.

I had similar issue, one of my 86U never applied Wifi changes, showing as changed but didnt really do.
After a reboot they really changed.
Then I found SSH and "service restart_wireless" will do it too without need of reboot.
Or disable one Wifi and reenable it, changes got life.