What's new

WiFi to POE?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DRRyan

New Around Here
Hello

Without getting into philosophical discussions about what is or is not better, are there any WiFi access points or single IP devices that convert a WiFi connection to a wired, POE connection? In other words, use the WiFi network as a bridge between devices with the remote end providing POE? Obviously, power would be required at the remote end unless you are channeling Tesla.

The application would be connecting a POE only camera I already own to a WiFi network. It is not possible to run a wire to the desired location for the camera.s

Internet searches return thousands of pages for POE connected access points, cameras with both POE and WiFi connections, etc. Same with searches on this forum.

Thanks,
DRRyan

Hello

The application would be connecting a POE only camera I already own to a WiFi network. It is not possible to run a wire to the desired location for the camera.s

Thanks,
DRRyan

What do you mean by “wire” ?
Do you mean power or cat5 cable ?

Draw us a sketch of what you are trying to do.

It almost sounds like you want to convert wireless signal as a power source for a poe device and run tcp/ip protocols.

I think I spent more time searching than this is worth. I've purchased a WiFi camera for the location in question and am abandoning this conversation.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!