What's new

Solved Wifi Upload not limited by QoS on RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Skowt

Occasional Visitor
Noticed while testing Bufferbloat that my hardwired devices respected the QoS upload and download limits I set but wifi users (testing on both 5GHz and 2.4) did not. Running on a Fiber connection using PPPoe.
Has anyone come across this before?

Download is correctly tracked:
nKTCB5O.png

Upload doesn't register:
UdVWxZB.png

Interface setup:
tGmwFSX.png

QoS Rules:
I3NkB53.png

Apologies for all the images! Hoping the more detail given, the better my chances are of getting QoS working smoothly on my router.

Yeap! It was suggested that I post on the official sub forum since this issue affects both stock and Merlin firmware versions.
It's useful for people to be aware of the previous posts so that they don't waste their time repeating/investigating something that has already been discussed.

Are you using Merlin's FW ?

Used both stock and Merlin to test. Even after loading the stock firmware and resetting I could not limit upload for wifi clients. What's odd is that Traditional QoS works perfectly for limiting upload on wifi and wired devices. So it's really only Wifi upload on Adaptive. Download limits and Up + down work for wired.

These tests were done on stock firmware, last 3 versions:

3.0.0.4.382_18848
Adaptive QoS limits not working for Upload on Wired or Wifi.

3.0.0.4.384_10007
Adaptive QoS limits for Upload working on Wired. Upload limits do not work on Wifi.

3.0.0.4.384_20308
Adaptive QoS limits still work on Wired for Upload but still don’t work on Wifi.

Noticed that from the 3rd last to the second Upload limits started working on Wired, so there's definitely been changes but no joy in the last two versions for Wifi upload limits. Weird that only I am experiencing it unless I'm the only person on these forums using a PPPoE connection over Fibre?

Used both stock and Merlin to test. Even after loading the stock firmware and resetting I could not limit upload for wifi clients. What's odd is that Traditional QoS works perfectly for limiting upload on wifi and wired devices. So it's really only Wifi upload on Adaptive. Download limits and Up + down work for wired.

These tests were done on stock firmware, last 3 versions:

3.0.0.4.382_18848
Adaptive QoS limits not working for Upload on Wired or Wifi.

3.0.0.4.384_10007
Adaptive QoS limits for Upload working on Wired. Upload limits do not work on Wifi.

3.0.0.4.384_20308
Adaptive QoS limits still work on Wired for Upload but still don’t work on Wifi.

Noticed that from the 3rd last to the second Upload limits started working on Wired, so there's definitely been changes but no joy in the last two versions for Wifi upload limits. Weird that only I am experiencing it unless I'm the only person on these forums using a PPPoE connection over Fibre?
Thanks, it will be investigated.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

yes, the issue is still in open state.

Any chance this may be fixed in the next firmware release? I love my RT-AC86U, however it would be even better if this feature worked completely.

I have to agree with the guys above, its a real shame that a huge reason I upgraded was to nail QOS... Bought the flagship router and it doesn't work on my wifi clients :(

Hello @arthurlien - has there been a recognition of this issue by the dev team and is there a plan or timescale in place to implement a fix at the present time?

@arthurlien:
with this firmware on my RT-AC86U all fields where you need to input a string you only see a white field and no text.
Will only be visible if you mark this previously invisible white text on white background.

Would you have any changelog?
There is a large jump from 21140 upto 32683 so would be interesting.

upload_2018-7-20_10-45-9.png

@arthurlien:
with this firmware on my RT-AC86U all fields where you need to input a string you only see a white field and no text.
Will only be visible if you mark this previously invisible white text on white background.

Would you have any changelog?
There is a large jump from 21140 upto 32683 so would be interesting.

View attachment 13750

This beta is only for upload unlimited issue clarification. It's not for others.

5 months later I was doubtful for users ever receiving a fix for this specific bug.

Nice job on continued support from Asus and the hard working developers involved!

Maybe next time a check in from month to month saying we are still looking into the issue to inspire more customer confidence, but either way,

nice job!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!