WiFi went out randomly, lights were still blue

GL_Red

Occasional Visitor
As the title says, Wireless signal suddenly dropped, lights were still blue and I‘ve already rebooted the router, so everything is normal. Could this be a red flag in the near future?

Router: ac66u_b1 on 386.5_2 Merlin, had the router for almost 2 years

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
What did the router's log file show?

GL_Red

Occasional Visitor

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
Nothing showed at the time it happened. After reboot:

sorry if there is some unnecessary info in there.
I can't comprehend that file. There are no end-of-line characters. Can you post a properly formatted version of it?

Roughly what time did the problem occur?

bbunge

Part of the Furniture
As the title says, Wireless signal suddenly dropped, lights were still blue and I‘ve already rebooted the router, so everything is normal. Could this be a red flag in the near future?

Are you using the DFS channels on the 5 GHz band? If so try 20, 40, 80 MHz with Auto channel. You may have been hit by RADAR.

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
I can't comprehend that file. There are no end-of-line characters. Can you post a properly formatted version of it?

OK I've repaired that log file but it only covers the two minutes after you rebooted the router. So it contains no relevant information.

Can you post a properly formatted log file that covers the period the problem occurred please.

GL_Red

Occasional Visitor

sorry about that, should be fixed. 7:51 PM, around that.
Are you using the DFS channels on the 5 GHz band? If so try 20, 40, 80 MHz with Auto channel. You may have been hit by RADAR.
5GHz is on channel 48, might try auto channel, 2.4GHz is on auto.

GL_Red

Occasional Visitor
OK I've repaired that log file but it only covers the two minutes after you rebooted the router. So it contains no relevant information.

Can you post a properly formatted log file that covers the period the problem occurred please.
This is basically the only bit of info that showed up at 7:50 ; Apr 13 19:50:39 RT-AC66U_B1-65D0 kernel: [tdts_shell_ioctl_stat:256] Recv ioctl req with op 2

i get them frequently so i brush them off.

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
this is what showed up at 7:50 ; Apr 13 19:50:39 RT-AC66U_B1-65D0 kernel: [tdts_shell_ioctl_stat:256] Recv ioctl req with op 2

i get them frequently so i brush them off.
Can you post more than one line so we can try and understand context of the messages and compare them to our routers. Something that covers 10 minutes either side of the problem occurring.

dosborne

Very Senior Member

Was this a one time "event" or a regular occurance? From what you've posted, you seem to be overly concerned about something that a has happened once and b) may be a simple configuration or environment issue.