What's new

wifi wps works after resets is that a problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jack901

Regular Contributor
I have a tv that does not allow my 58 character wifi password or key,but after I entered the code from the tv for the wps key I have changed firmware from the 380.57 to the latest 380.59 alpha on a ac56r several times and have done the factory reset many times.yet the tv and router connect. I would of thought I would have to do it after any factory reset.
any ideas as to how it is keeping the key after resets.
thanks

you can specify the wps code in the router , so once you upgrade the firmware just check its still the same and change if needed

it jeeps it even after a factory reset and there is no modify or code showing except the one the router has,which is not the one the tv displays. as the tv is different but it has no problem connecting to the router ever.

you can specify the wps code in the router , so once you upgrade the firmware just check its still the same and change if needed

there is no modify or code showing except the one the router has

so under wireless / wps

you dont have

Wireless - WPS
line_export.png

WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) provides easy and secure establishment of a wireless network. You can configure WPS here via the PIN code or the WPS buttton.
Enable WPS
iphone_switch_container_on.png

Current Frequency 2.4GHz

Connection Status Not used
Configured
Yes

AP PIN Code - with a code you can change here

as it is this way on the rt-ac68u

yes I have the router pin code which can be changed.but when I originally set it I used a client pin code. which I would think it would of been lost when the factory reset was used which it has been 10 plus times. tho nothing has had to be entered since the first time I set it up.
router = ac56r

so under wireless / wps

you dont have

Wireless - WPS
line_export.png

WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) provides easy and secure establishment of a wireless network. You can configure WPS here via the PIN code or the WPS buttton.
Enable WPS
iphone_switch_container_on.png

Current Frequency 2.4GHz

Connection Status Not used
Configured
Yes

AP PIN Code - with a code you can change here

as it is this way on the rt-ac68u