What's new

Will Adding Moca Filters to all DropAmp's coax ports (used by tvs) Improve Moca Performance (for internet)?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kelllogg9

Occasional Visitor
So i have a dropAmp (EDA FT08300) located at the cable drop in my laundry room. 5 of its 10 ports are being used. The unused ports are terminated via F-type 75 Ohms terminators. 3 of the used coax ports go to televisions in my house. The other 2 are:

- For cable modem (at the end of the 30ft cable line is a cable modem w/a moca box -- they use a -3.5dB moca splitter)
- For a 3rd floor room -- a moca box is here.

Note: Although i can use a moca splitter at the drop amp to combine these 2 coax ports (used by moca devices) then add a moca filter on the in for this splitter, the dropAmp is useful via providing +3dB power to each port so i prefer to keep it that way, especially cuz where the cable modem is it is already using a splitter.

So, i was wondering, because the moca frequencies can be echoed across all 4 open ports, if i decided to add moca PoE filters to the ports that go to the televisions only, will that theoretically improve moca performance between the two moca devices now that the moca frequencies arent being pushed to the 3 televisions?

Note: i decided to add a moca filter on the out port of the moca splitter that then goes to the cable modem even though my modem is only DOCSIS3.0 and so none of its frequencies go above 800Mhz. I figured when the moca box sends out its higher freq signals through the splitter it wont be echoing to the modem unnecessarily, and maybe(?) it improves performance too?

Thanks for educating me

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!