What's new

Will RT-AC68U merlin work in my new 4G-AC68U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yorlik

New Around Here
I cannot even find a manual for this Asus 4G-AC68U model! It looks identical to the RT-AC68U except it has 4 antennas (2 wifi & 2 cellular), and trap door on bottom to insert SIM card.

Has anyone ever even heard of this model? It is not listed on Asus website best I can tell.

If you have a manual please share! I can use WNS to connect wifi to it, but I cannot figure out the default user/pw even! Help?

Can I flash it with merlin for RT model?

update: THEY JUST Added the 4G-AC68U to the asus website! yae! got the manual!

still may want to try merlin in it - will it work?

Last edited:
I cannot even find a manual for this Asus 4G-AC68U model! It looks identical to the RT-AC68U except it has 4 antennas (2 wifi & 2 cellular), and trap door on bottom to insert SIM card.

Has anyone ever even heard of this model? It is not listed on Asus website best I can tell.

If you have a manual please share! I can use WNS to connect wifi to it, but I cannot figure out the default user/pw even! Help?

Can I flash it with merlin for RT model?
Is it T Mobile? Photo of it?

Last edited:
Get manual here

No, it will not work. You may even brick it. Proceed carefully.

Is it T Mobile? Photo of it?
It does list Tmobile and verizon and at&t as carriers, then a bunch of foreign ones also. I was able to get into it when it first arrived; it did not work on visible.com SIM card; perhaps because I had no manual; will try again once I can get in again! Manual says default user/pw is same as most asus: admin/admin but they do not work. Will try reset again.

BTW, it says if holdin reset button during ower on, it not only loads default parametrs but also writes a new firmware! Sounds brick proof!?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online