What's new

Will the next firmware update come before Christmas?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kuby8388

Occasional Visitor
Hey merlin,

I'm just curious if you've heard anything from ASUS lately about releasing the next firmware for the RT n66u. I heard a while back that you said they were working with a new driver for the AC router. Please help me verify if that's true (I've been having issues with the .2xx versions, now having to go back to the custom firmware .162.14b).

-Kuby

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything new lately, sorry. Only that it's a pretty busy time for them with the Holidays coming (same for most of us), so it wouldn't surprise me if the next release would happen only in January.

Did you try 260.21 with the Enhanced Interference Management option disabled?

Yes. I tried all of the stock/merlin .2xxx drivers and all of them were wirelessly unstable. the .162.14b has been the only firmware giving me wireless stability, although it's not quite as fast as the .2xxx firmwares.

Alright. I guess I'll have to wait through the Holidays for the next driver to come out. Thx for the quick response Merlin!

Last edited:
Yes. I tried all of the stock/merlin .2xxx drivers and all of them were wirelessly unstable. the .162.14b has been the only firmware giving me wireless stability, although it's not quite as fast as the .2xxx firmwares.

But did you specifically disable Enhanced Interference Management?

But did you specifically disable Enhanced Interference Management?

Yes I disabled Enhanced Interference Management & also turned off GRO, which made it more stable to surf the web.

But afterwards when I try to stream videos, same problem happens as before - where the videos would stop loading each time around 50% completion, forcing me to just manually refresh the youtube videos again a few times to make them load completely.

-

I think I'm going to just stick with the .162.14b firmware for now since it's already working very stable, the .220 stock was what I was using before (it was stable as well) but recently it's just having those same loading issues along with the .246 & .260 merlins/stock (I tried all of them today!). Actually, I haven't tried one more (.220.18b)... I'll do that tomorrow and if something good happens I'll post back here.

Anyways, for this winter holiday - I'm just thinking of having stability in wireless streamings. Besides, reloading my firmware and settings 7-8 times today and not seeing any of them have smooth video streaming aside from the .162.14b... it's been overly frustrating.

I appreciate your fast responses though. And please keep up the good work making reliable custom firmwares!

-Kuby

Last edited: