What's new

Windows 10 Connection To YazFi Guest Wifi By Network Cable>

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Asusrouterlover

Regular Contributor
I have a Pc And Would Like To connect This Pc To Yazfi 4.4.1 Guest Network by RJ45 Cable

My Router RT-AX88U

YazFi 4.4.1 Network Ip Adress 192.168.2.X/24

Do you also have a spare router that can do Media Bridge mode? Are there any garage sales nearby that may offer such a device in the $5 to $10 range?

Media Bridge Mode

Note, it doesn't have to be an ASUS device (Media Bridge might lead some to believe it does). Any wireless ethernet bridge will do the trick. And that opens the door to all kinds of devices, be it standalone dedicated ones, or old routers that support DD-WRT, FT (FreshTomato), etc., all of which can be converted to a wireless ethernet bridge, or even a repeater bridge.

As @L&LD suggests, sometimes you can find compatible devices at yard sales, thrift shops, etc., where ppl don't realize these older devices can still be salvaged. It's one of the reason I tend to hang on to my older networking equipment much longer than others. It comes in handy.

Note, it doesn't have to be an ASUS device (Media Bridge might lead some to believe it does). Any wireless ethernet bridge will do the trick. And that opens the door to all kinds of devices, be it standalone dedicated ones, or old routers that support DD-WRT, FT (FreshTomato), etc., all of which can be converted to a wireless ethernet bridge, or even a repeater bridge.

As @L&LD suggests, sometimes you can find compatible devices at yard sales, thrift shops, etc., where ppl don't realize these older devices can still be salvaged. It's one of the reason I tend to hang on to my older networking equipment much longer than others. It comes in handy.

I still have RT-AC68U And RT-AC87U

because I know I will be used it one day

I hope YazFi Will Add This option in the new addon

In what way? :confused:

Maybe a happy side effect will help with all the new networking issues that are hitting the forums, including directly, the VPN issues.

I hope pointing it out was the right thing to do.

I still have RT-AC68U And RT-AC87U
Why not just put one of those, if they are unused, into repeater mode or media bridge mode and connect it to the YazFi Guest WiFi? Then connect the computer to the AC68U or A87U via Ethernet wire.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!