What's new

Windows 10 search function not local

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Time to stop over-reacting too. :)

It's always done that. It's not a secret. That's why people like me have always disabled that "feature".

Time to stop over-reacting too. :)

Over-reaction?

If you are happy for M$ to hijack your data without telling/asking you then why bother with other security measures.

Pointless trying to protect your devices and then hand it over to 3rd party systems that fail .

It's always done that. It's not a secret. That's why people like me have always disabled that "feature".

Colin, not advertised either, there is nothing to show you and nobody I asked knew anything about it.

Colin, not advertised either,
The OS actually makes a point of highlighting this function when you first use it.

there is nothing to show you...
It's pretty obvious that when you type something into the search box and it returns an entire section called "web results" that it's using the internet.:rolleyes:

The OS actually makes a point of highlighting this function when you first use it.

It's pretty obvious that when you type something into the search box and it returns an entire section called "web results" that it's using the internet.:rolleyes:

Really ......... I used it and nothing was said or highlighted at all and having searched for my files there was absolutely nothing to say "web results" . :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyway , if you are all happy to play their stupid games then fair enough.

Having found another 11 more hidden data collection points since the latest updates it's time to move to another OS for me.

Really ......... I used it and nothing was said or highlighted at all and having searched for my files there was absolutely nothing to say "web results" . :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Maybe like me it's one of the things you turned off immediately after installing the OS. Here's it with the default settings:

Untitled 2.png Untitled.png

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!