What's new

Windows PC crashes Internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ToriGrace

New Around Here
I am new to ASUS routers and have spent a whole week debugging various log errors. But one phenomenon keeps happening and that's every time I go into my Windows PC to game, the whole internet in my house crashes... can't even log into the router really. I don't download anything on the PC aside from certified games and just use it for that.

I have an DSL-AX82U ...I wish I could run the merlin firmware because I've gotten so many issues at the moment with the current firmware.

I really don't know what to do. I've tried many different settings.

So, what firmware is on the router? How did you initially configure it? After flashing the latest firmware you want to use, have you ever fully reset it?

[Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset | Official Support | ASUS Global

And then, minimally and manually configure it to secure it and connect to your ISP?

What are the details of your gaming computer? What version of Windows are you using? Have you updated the drivers to the latest available? How are you connecting from this computer, wired or wirelessly? If wirelessly, what WiFi adaptor are you using?

What settings/options and features past defaults are you using on the router?

What are your ISP speeds? Are they symmetrical, up/down?

How is your network used? How many devices are connected? How many active users? What are their typical online activities?