What's new

Windows using 1Gb connection instead of 10Gb

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

IzzyMC

New Around Here
So I currently have my Windows PC connected to a Linux tower running RAIDZ, both via 1Gb LAN and a 10Gb Mellanox SFP+ connection.

For months I was getting 500MB+ speeds to and from my NAS via the 10Gb, but this was before I bought a splitter and connected my NAS to the 1Gb as well.

At some point after adding the 1Gb connection, Windows started using it instead of the 10Gb. If I unplug the LAN cable Windows can't connect to the NAS. But using PuTTy I can ping the IP just fine.

Unfortunately the NAS was built and set up by a friend of mine who isn't available to help. My knowledge of these systems is limited, so any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Whoops, meant 'switch'. I'm using the "NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch"

I got it so I could share my ethernet cable with both my PC and my NAS

What version of windows ?

Can you draw up a diagram of the physical connections ?

What is win showing for available networks and devices on each ?

It sounds like windows thinks you have two network connections and switched which one it is connecting on.