What's new

WinSCP alternative

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

^Tripper^

Not exactly a router specific question but related (apologies if this isn’t the place to post this.)

I see WinSCP being the recommended application around here. Anything similar for macOS? I’ve googled, downloaded and tried but nothing seems to work; ie, they don’t connect and I can’t access the router with those.

Cyberduck
Available for free from their website (with donation optional) or for a sensible price in the Mac App Store

Mac Terminal has scp command line build in too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does sftp which should work just the same

I see. I can get cyber duck to work as a ftp client but not scp; which is what I need to get to the base firmware.

Just install entware and then sftp and cyberduck will give you access to the whole f/w the same as scp but over sftp

If you end up needing another alternative, something like WebDrive could be worth a shot. There's a free trial, and it also supports SFTP so it would be a good fit for you.

When I had a Mini, I just used Wine and WinSCP

Mac has scp built into the terminal. (Not a GUI but the command line is not hard)

Code:
scp /users/YOUR_MAC_USERNAME/Desktop/Source_File.txt admin@192.168.1.1:/jffs/scripts/Destination_File.txt

You can even drag the srouce file after typing scp into the terminal so it will populate that path automatically.

MobaXterm is another good one. Has integrated SSH clients, supports multiple windows. Not sure I could live without it nowadays. YMMV -> https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!