What's new

wiping a hard drive vs buying a hard drive

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

routerinfection

Regular Contributor
Ive been told wiping a hard drive would remove a rootkit and reinstalling the os but ive also been told buying a new hard drive is the safest thing to do. What are some of your thoughts on this matter. i dont want to hear people saying they want proof of one this is for educational purposes. I saw a video on youtube some of you might of seen where the person recommends this tron scirptv12. do you think this could remove any rootkit like the person claims?

Ive been told wiping a hard drive would remove a rootkit and reinstalling the os but ive also been told buying a new hard drive is the safest thing to do. What are some of your thoughts on this matter. i dont want to hear people saying they want proof of one this is for educational purposes. I saw a video on youtube some of you might of seen where the person recommends this tron scirptv12. do you think this could remove any rootkit like the person claims?

One day, you came to this forum. You said your Router and PC were hacked by your neighbor. There was no hacking evidence at that time as I said.
You came here again. You are saying your PC is infected by Rootkit. I don't really understand. Your issue is not a rootkit. Rootkit usually doesn't infect HDDs instead of other PC parts these days. Interesting. What's your problem? Do you believe in conspiracy something? Do you think someone is monitoring you all day? Do you think someone is tapping you?o_O

Last edited:
One day, you came to this forum. You said your Router and PC were hacked by your neighbor. There was no hacking evidence at that time as I said.
You came here again. You are saying your PC is infected by Rootkit. I don't really understand. Your issue is not a rootkit. Rootkit usually doesn't infect HDDs instead of other PC parts these days. Interesting. What's your problem? Do you believe in conspiracy something? Do you think someone is monitoring you all day? Do you think someone is tapping you?o_O
neighbor? conspiracy theory?? please read my thread before you comment thanks.