What's new

Wired device appears as wireless (AC-RT68R)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

swbrains

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have an Asus AC-RT68R running Merlin FW 384.13 and I noticed a strange issue with a wired security camera I just installed. It is showing up in the router as a wireless 2.4GHz connection . I have another of the same camera that shows up as wired as it should. I can't find any other IP addressese in the network device listing that are not accounted for. To ensure that it's not passing data over wifi, I pulled the ethernet cable from the camera while powering it separately using its 12V adapter and it stops transmitting video, so I know the data communication path for the camera is indeed wired.

I contacted the manufacturer who assures me the camera does not have a wireless interface. It also has no visible antenna like their wireless model. Yet it shows as a wireless device for the IP it is using in the router.

Has anyone see this issue before or have any ideas what might be causing it?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!