What's new

Wired devices list

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

oguime

Occasional Visitor
Is it possible to get a list of connected wired devices like the one displayed on the client tab on the network map page, but using bash on the router?

Is it possible to get a list of connected wired devices like the one displayed on the client tab on the network map page, but using bash on the router?
may i ask what issue your having with the net work map and why you require a script to get lan devices?

It would also be useful to know the firmware version you are running and the router model, because Asus has changed the network map quiet a lot recently.

BTW The router doesn't run bash, it runs ash.

Hi,

may i ask what issue your having with the net work map and why you require a script to get lan devices?

Sorry, I should have explained what I'm trying to accomplish... I have no problem whatsoever with the network map. In fact I would like to get the same results using a script so that I can feed my home automation solution (NodeRed on a Raspberry pi).

I've been successfully using a script from ColinTaylor that relies on wl assoclist to get the wireless devices and thought someone could also have a good solution for wired devices.

It would also be useful to know the firmware version you are running and the router model

I'm on 380.64_4 on a R7000.

Thanks!

Hi Colin,

I think I should, but got used to start by this forum ever since I had an RT-N66U...

Will ask there as well, thanks for your help and for your script!

Arp returns both wired and wireless, do you happen to know how the network map works?

Regards