What's new

Wired Router Recommendation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JWadle

Occasional Visitor
I'm looking for a reasonably priced (<$200) wired-only router with at least 6 LAN ports - single WAN OK. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I still think the same on this forum. I think you would be better off using a switch than ports in a router. I want all my devices plugged into 1 switch so everything is in one backplane on the switch. It will work better than adding several switches at one location. So maybe just look for the best router and add a switch.

There are routers with more than 6 lan ports that cost less than $200, example would be the rb3000, however as cox mentioned theres really no point unless you do segmentation.

I'm looking for a reasonably priced (<$200) wired-only router with at least 6 LAN ports - single WAN OK. Any suggestions?

Explored this recently - it's a tough market to bring in a new device.

That being said - look at the ERL and hEX, and combine this with a switch (managed or unmanaged)...

Explored this recently - it's a tough market to bring in a new device.

That being said - look at the ERL and hEX, and combine this with a switch (managed or unmanaged)...

I think the ERX would be a better option. The ERL has some kind of udp issue going on. Also I believe the extra ports on the ERL are bridged if you use them. Bridging in the networking world is a slow process and is not a preferred way to set things up.

I run a Cisco small business RV340 router. I bought it for around $151 from a Cisco partner. I works pretty well for my needs.