What's new

Solved Wireless Amcrest camera dropping connection multiple times per day

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

smbodie

New Around Here
Have 4 Amcrest cameras and an Amcrest NVR. 3 cameras and NVR are LAN and 1 camera is wireless. Since updating to Merlin 386.1 I've seen the wireless camera dropping connection in the log as if attempting to roam. Bound the camera to the closest AP but the drops continued. Most drops were only a few seconds but others up to a minute and long enough to cause recording disruption. There was a pattern to the drops but it was irregular. Every few hours within a minute or every hour with seconds. I've been methodically looking for regular happenings and settings on both the router and camera but could find nothing.

While looking around at settings yesterday I happened across the NTP setting on the NVR, it was set at 60 minutes. Changed it to 10080 and haven't had a phantom disconnect since. Will check in a week and expect to see the disconnect then. Thought I would share for any others out there having similar unknown disconnects. The setting is located under DeviceCFG>Maintenance>Date&Time>NTP

Interesting. I have an amcrest wireless camera that misbehaves similarly. I have a Synology that I use for NTP and I have NTP set to 10 minutes along with my non-Amcrest cameras. I wonder if this is the issue.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!