What's new

wireless bridge question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

farberm

New Around Here
I know the SSID that I want to connect a wireless bridge to but not the MAC address of the transmitting unit since the units are changed out frequently. Is it possible to set up a wireless bridge by just knowing the SSID? It is a secured network and I have the login credentials?

yes. You need to know the SSID and the encryption password - same as if you were connecting via a laptop.

If you change out the anchor AP, you might have to reset the bridge (power cycle) for it to reattach to the anchoring AP.

Without knowing the SSID, it is impossible to connect the wireless bridge. So there is no other option instead of changing out the anchor AP. It will reset the bridge and with the help of it you will be able to connect the wireless bridge.

can't you just look at the device and write down its MAC address - from the label on the back/bottom?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!