What's new

Wireless Devices Showing As Wired

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wintermute2_0

New Around Here
I'm running 384.4 on an AC88U. I've noticed that the network map is erroneously reporting that wireless devices using the guest network are wired connections. For example, it shows that a friend's iPhone is using a wired connection. Is this a bug? It's not a big deal, but it's annoying. :)

You probably should have asked about this in the 384.4 thread. On the other hand, you probably would have been severely chastised for asking this question as it has been answered repeatedly in many threads (and Merlin appears to be getting quite irritated that people don't try to do a search before asking). This is a great place for help and information - just try a bit of research first.

To answer your question, the network map has problems / quirks as you noticed. It is part of Asus' code and therefore Merlin is unable to fix it.

I'm running 384.4 on an AC88U. I've noticed that the network map is erroneously reporting that wireless devices using the guest network are wired connections. For example, it shows that a friend's iPhone is using a wired connection. Is this a bug? It's not a big deal, but it's annoying. :)

Yes, has been reported alongside duplicate devices and speed incorrect ASUS aware

You probably should have asked about this in the 384.4 thread. On the other hand, you probably would have been severely chastised for asking this question as it has been answered repeatedly in many threads (and Merlin appears to be getting quite irritated that people don't try to do a search before asking). This is a great place for help and information - just try a bit of research first.

To answer your question, the network map has problems / quirks as you noticed. It is part of Asus' code and therefore Merlin is unable to fix it.

No need to reprimand harshly and be a bit annoyed, because it is NOT true that this is an ASUS' problem. I have recently bought a RT-AC87U router, and before using the Merlin firmware, there were an origin one. And there were NOT such problem with Wi-Fi connections pretending to be wired.
I wonder what else is an "Asus' problem" that is yet to discover.

No need to reprimand harshly and be a bit annoyed, because it is NOT true that this is an ASUS' problem. I have recently bought a RT-AC87U router, and before using the Merlin firmware, there were an origin one. And there were NOT such problem with Wi-Fi connections pretending to be wired.

Your RT-AC87U was probably running an older 380.xx version, which dates back to when this worked correctly. Asus introduced the issue around the 382.xx release, and only recently resolved it (a few weeks ago). Version 384.5 of my firmware does not integrate these recent fixes yet, they are part of 384.6 which is still under development.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!