What's new

Wireless driver

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Helpmewithmyasuslaptop

New Around Here
HI! I'm new to this forum. I made an account with hope that I'm gonna get help from this forum please understand my situation because I am obviously not an expert with laptops. I have a Asus k53e Laptop I have this problem with my wireless driver. I kinda uninstalled it because I tried too hard with my mouse and did some things and resulted with my wireless driver gone or something it was months ago! I tried to install new drivers but didnt know what to do then, I installed a gigabit ethernet controller then months forward I discovered that if I connect my ethernet cable, my wifi works. But now my problem is I cant have my wireless connection back. Even if I try to install drivers from the website and other websites, it always resulted to this error : Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37) - It really sucks! Please someone help me. This is what it looks like. Please help me. I can comeback to this instantly to try everything
lEyr8R6.png

delete WITH uninstall all LAN and Wifi drivers, and enable show hidden drivers, delete them too.
reboot and let windows use its drivers, only if it doesnt find one install proper driver for this device again.
Are you sure using correct drivers?

delete WITH uninstall all LAN and Wifi drivers, and enable show hidden drivers, delete them too.
reboot and let windows use its drivers, only if it doesnt find one install proper driver for this device again.
Are you sure using correct drivers?
I think I am using the correct drivers, I install them directly from the asus website... The only one that worked was the gigabit ethernet controller :( ... and can I ask how to uninstall all LAN and wifi drivers?

Preparatory work:

o Download the ASUS K53E LAN and Wireless/WLAN drivers for your OS . Right-click extract each package to its own folder.
https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/K53E/HelpDesk_Download/

o Optional: Open the bottom of the laptop and re-seat the WiFi card and its antenna connection(s)... be very gentle. Don't do this unless you can. I'm assuming it has a separate WiFi card... see the manual to confirm.
https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/K53E/HelpDesk_Manual/

o Make sure the laptop wireless/WiFi switch is ON. Sometimes this is a hard slide switch, sometimes it is a keyboard function key combination.

Not knowing what you have done, I would locate the wireless network adapter device in device manager under Network adapters, right-click uninstall it, reboot Windows, locate the device in device manager again, and right-click update the driver... let it search your computer for a suitable driver or direct it to use the wireless driver downloaded above.

If the device has a hardware fault, the driver may not install or may not work and the device will indicate a yellow ! in device manager.

If the wireless adapter device is defective and not integrated i.e. a separate hardware device, replace it with a new one that supports 802.11ac. If this is not possible, or the laptop only has one antenna (one wire connected to the adapter), then consider getting a USB WiFi adapter such as the ASUS USB-AC53 Nano.
https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/USB-AC53-Nano/

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-dual-band-ac-usb-network-adapter-black/5732405.p?skuId=5732405

OE

Last edited:
Preparatory work:

o Download the ASUS K53E LAN and Wireless/WLAN drivers for your OS . Right-click extract each package to its own folder.
https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/K53E/HelpDesk_Download/

o Optional: Open the bottom of the laptop and re-seat the WiFi card and its antenna connection(s)... be very gentle. Don't do this unless you can. I'm assuming it has a separate WiFi card... see the manual to confirm.
https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/K53E/HelpDesk_Manual/

o Make sure the laptop wireless/WiFi switch is ON. Sometimes this is a hard slide switch, sometimes it is a keyboard function key combination.

Not knowing what you have done, I would locate the wireless network adapter device in device manager under Network adapters, right-click uninstall it, reboot Windows, locate the device in device manager again, and right-click update the driver... let it search your computer for a suitable driver or direct it to use the wireless driver you previously downloaded.

If the device has a hardware fault, the driver may not install or may not work and the device will indicate a yellow ! in device manager.

If the wireless adapter device is defective and not integrated i.e. a separate hardware device, replace it with a new one that supports 802.11ac. If this is not possible, or the laptop only has one antenna (one wire connected to the adapter), then consider getting a USB WiFi adapter such as the ASUS USB-AC53 Nano.
https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/USB-AC53-Nano/

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-dual-band-ac-usb-network-adapter-black/5732405.p?skuId=5732405

OE
Hi! I tried to install wireless drives a thousand times but when I install it I always get an error. I have also done the uninstall the driver thing then restarting, but its still the same.
871jXR6.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 529
Hi! I tried to install wireless drives a thousand times but when I install it I always get an error. I have also done the uninstall the driver thing then restarting, but its still the same.
871jXR6.png

If you've done what I've suggested and it does not work, then assume the hardware is defective and buy a new adapter.

Doing the same thing a thousand times is not effective troubleshooting.

OE

If you've done what I've suggested and it does not work, then assume the hardware is defective and buy a new adapter.

Doing the same thing a thousand times is not effective troubleshooting.

OE
Okay thanks for the help! I really appreciated it, for now I will just use the ethernet cable. Another question, can buying a usb wifi adapter fix the problem? Just like this one
odbmc9h.png

Okay thanks for the help! I really appreciated it, for now I will just use the ethernet cable. Another question, can buying a usb wifi adapter fix the problem? Just like this one
odbmc9h.png

Yes, I already suggested that above. Be sure to right-click disable or physically remove the existing defective adapter.

Note that the USB adapter you show is likely 802.11n at 150 Mbps. The ASUS USB adapter I suggested is 802.11ac at 866 Mbps (also supports 802.11n).

OE

maybe you should clean reinstall windows!

I am quite sure your card is working well!
Otherwise it would not list under devices.
Did you uninstall in device manager and click enable DELETE driver?
Is something related installed under programs and features?

All you did is playing around too much with maybe wrong drivers confusing Windows, needs a reinstall.

How do you install the driver?
Should be done in device manager, install driver, use own driver search on disc and select complete drive c:/

Last edited:
maybe you should clean reinstall windows!

I am quite sure your card is working well!
Otherwise it would not list under devices.
Did you uninstall in device manager and click enable DELETE driver?
Is something related installed under programs and features?

All you did is playing around too much with maybe wrong drivers confusing Windows, needs a reinstall.
Hmmm,I uninstalled the drivers that failed in programs and features. I have also uninstalled the failed qualcomm wireless driver in device manager.

Hmmm,I uninstalled the drivers that failed in programs and features. I have also uninstalled the failed qualcomm wireless driver in device manager.

I would download the wireless driver for your OS from the ASUS link I posted above and try to install it as I described above.

OE

did you "shown hidden devices" and deleted them as well?
They are both installed as #2, so there is a #1 in background which could make the troubles.

Sometimes showing hidden items will not show all devices Windows has found in the past.

Run command prompt admin then input these commands.

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

start devmgmt.msc

Now click on view > show hidden items and all devices windows has found in the past will be shown so you can uninstall/delete.

did you "shown hidden devices" and deleted them as well?
They are both installed as #2, so there is a #1 in background which could make the troubles.
I have done what KevTech said and there was this 2 drivers that say Wireless Lan Card and the other Atheros Wireless one. But their icons are grayed out what should I do to them? I have uninstalled the #3 wireless that failed to install.

upload_2018-10-14_13-52-8.png

Last edited:
rightclick on them and deinstall ALL drivers from 802 to RAS, they will selfinstall again, no worry.
If you are asked to delete files too click YES.

Did you had a look into handbook how to enable and disable WiFi, some sort of switch or by software?
Seems your Wifi-card is disabled at the moment or are there unknown devices on top of the page?

rightclick on them and deinstall ALL drivers from 802 to RAS, they will selfinstall again, no worry.
If you are asked to delete files too click YES.

Did you had a look into handbook how to enable and disable WiFi, some sort of switch or by software?
Seems your Wifi-card is disabled at the moment or are there unknown devices on top of the page?

The Wireless network adapter still reinstalls but it always fail.
upload_2018-10-14_17-10-1.png

which driver version did you install?
Which OS? Win7/8/8.1/10?
Link to your driver download please