What's new

Wireless issues rt-ax88u firmware 384.11_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bondibro

New Around Here
Hi,

Apologies in advance if this isn't the right place to post. I have been using Merlin on my device for a while, but ever since I upgraded to above version, most of my wireless devices are dropping from the 5g network. I went back to official firmware and with the same settings everything works fine.

Wondering if this is a known issue and/or if anyone else experiencing similar problems?

I really want to go back to using Merlin. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Apologies in advance if this isn't the right place to post. I have been using Merlin on my device for a while, but ever since I upgraded to above version, most of my wireless devices are dropping from the 5g network. I went back to official firmware and with the same settings everything works fine.

Wondering if this is a known issue and/or if anyone else experiencing similar problems?

I really want to go back to using Merlin. Thanks in advance.

Did you do factory reset between version? If no, you need to perform factory reset and do minimal configuration to connect router to ISP.

Good point. I never factory reset the devices between versions, although when I started having issues on Merlin I did do a factory reset and that didn't solve the wireless issues

Good point. I never factory reset the devices between versions, although when I started having issues on Merlin I did do a factory reset and that didn't solve the wireless issues
One time I flashed same merlin firm on my router and then again a factory reset and solved my issue.
You could try that too.

Also, have you noticed something different or any error on the syslog?

Sent from my SM-G965F Duos

I just went through this with my AC86 router. I had the RMA in hand and was ready to ship it back but after reading more ( or my stubbornness) I followed a lot of L&LD's advice and brought my router back to an angelic state!
L&LD is now christened "The Exorcist of ASUS Routers'.

Read all of the stuff in his sig.
Cheers.
Ed