What's new

wireless lights not on RT-AC3100- no wireless

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

midsouth

New Around Here
I just purchased this router today (have a RT-N66U that i gave up on). Everything was fine...at first. got it set up/ wireless worked perfectly. I then uploaded the merlin firmware 384.18 and everything worked again. Then....I unplugged the router and disconnected it from the modem to move the router to a better spot. When i turned it back on the wireless lights did not come on and when i go into the gui it shows the wireless is on but no signal. After messing around with the N66U for almost 2 weeks...I am sooo tired! Can anybody help me get the WIFI back up and running?

After flashing the RMerlin firmware, did you perform a full reset to factory defaults? (See the link in my signature below for the M&M Config for more details).

Did you import your router settings from your old router into the RT-AC3100?

Did you purchase the router from within your country so that the WiFi channels used are legal and compatible with your client devices?

Are you using Auto Channels and/or DFS Channels for the wireless?

Moved it? Check to see if you happened to press the button that toggles wifi on and off. Has happened to me...

Some times its the little things.

I just purchased this router today (have a RT-N66U that i gave up on). Everything was fine...at first. got it set up/ wireless worked perfectly. I then uploaded the merlin firmware 384.18 and everything worked again. Then....I unplugged the router and disconnected it from the modem to move the router to a better spot. When i turned it back on the wireless lights did not come on and when i go into the gui it shows the wireless is on but no signal. After messing around with the N66U for almost 2 weeks...I am sooo tired! Can anybody help me get the WIFI back up and running?

what started my 2 week ordeal was that i wanted to put a vpn on the router (old one RT-N66U) and was able to get it on the router but it caused alot of problems connecting. So, I came here and lurked around and pretty much got the idea that the N66U's time was up-especially given that merlin does not support it any longer. I tried 4 different vpn providers and it was always a new problem with each one. I am hoping to be able to put a vpn on my new one (AC3100). I dont want to have to install a vpn on all our devices, plus i like the kill switch idea. Does anyone have a vpn provider that doesnt destroy download speeds?