What's new

Wireless mouse issues with Asus RT-N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Soylent

Occasional Visitor
I've been having some issues with my wireless "Razer Naga Epic" mouse, and it's gotten worse over the last few firmware updates (Asuswrt-Merlin). The mouse used to work flawlessly when I had a 2.4ghz-only Netgear router before the Asus RT-N66U. Even after I got the Asus, it was intermittent at first, but now it's constantly dropping connection or skipping the cursor around.

I can't verify what frequency the mouse is using, I've read 2.4ghz or 3.5ghz (which doesn't sound right), and I'm pretty sure it's not Bluetooth. The info is missing from any Razer documentation I can find.

Anyone know how to mitigate wireless mouse and WiFi interference?

I've had some 2.4GHz mouses (?) where if the receiver USB dongle is 1-2 ft. from WiFi router, won't work reliably.
Sometimes, if you "reboot" the mouse, it may change frequency and work, for a while.

Cure is to keep the separation.

I also have an optical mouse which was flaky. Just before I bought a new one, I noticed a tiny amount of lint/dust in the optical port on the mouse. Cleared that, cleared problem!

yea, they're all 2.4ghz. the 3.5g is something to do with how much force can be applied to the mouse iirc, an irrelevant statistic, really.

i haven't looked to see what options are available, but something like 'bluetooth coexistence' might also help. or maybe it's not helping

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!