What's new

wireless scheduler

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fyew-jit-tiv

Regular Contributor
Does Merlin's FW allow users to control wireless scheduling per Node? Like if i want to schedule turning the 5G/2G off from my main AP but leave the wifi on for Nodes?
I am using the wired Backhaul.

Regards

I don't think that is possible at all. If the main router has the radios turned off, then the nodes are also off. Even in wired backhaul mode.

I don't think that is possible at all. If the main router has the radios turned off, then the nodes are also off. Even in wired backhaul mode.
Thanks for responding. This was a shot in the dark question as i kinda figured this wouldn't be possible but as its Merlin's FW anything possible... Would be a nice feature to add. :cool:

what about setting the tx power on main router radios to zero? Not sure if this would do what you need or what would happen to the tx power nodes...

@Fyew-jit-tiv, you may want to try what @jata suggests and see if that works for your needs. (I don't think though that the radios can be set to zero TX power settings though).

Yes, RMerlin's firmware does offer almost infinite possibilities, but your request, from my understanding of the hardware and how AiMesh works, is that this is an impossibility as AiMesh pushes the main router's radio settings to the nodes, and if those main radios are off, then the nodes follow.

Does Merlin's FW allow users to control wireless scheduling per Node?

Asuswrt-Merlin has nothing to do with closed source AiMesh.

Like if i want to schedule turning the 5G/2G off from my main AP but leave the wifi on for Nodes?

Apparently main router radio off is possible with wired backhaul. One example here:

Experiment with scheduling and see if it works the same way. Another option is APs instead of Nodes.

Asuswrt-Merlin has nothing to do with closed source AiMesh.

Apparently main router radio off is possible with wired backhaul. One example here:

Experiment with scheduling and see if it works the same way. Another option is APs instead of Nodes.
The problem with this is you then lose the scheduled Off task running on the nodes. Id like to turn of the Main router leaving the node running then which then turns off via a scheduled task.

You have no such control options over nodes in AiMesh. It's a simple system using Repeater (wireless) and AP Mode (wired) as base.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!