Wireless shows offline

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

EventPhotoMan

Very Senior Member
Hmmmmm

running 384.19 on an rt-ac86u in access point mode. And I looked at the wireless logs.
the log says the device is offline. But it’s not. WemoBackYardPumps is working well.
Any suggestion?

6E07C028-A7C2-4D77-B047-34E58004B163.png
0EFFF920-81B3-44BD-B2C1-BE692ED6D961.png

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
Hmmmmm

running 384.19 on an rt-ac86u in access point mode. And I looked at the wireless logs.
the log says the device is offline. But it’s not. WemoBackYardPumps is working well.
Any suggestion?

View attachment 28200View attachment 28201

I don't know what it is but it appears to only be ON 4 minutes a day and happens to be ON 1 minute right when you checked it. So, maybe it is mostly OFF and mostly offline. :)

OE

EventPhotoMan

Very Senior Member
I don't know what it is but it appears to only be ON 4 minutes a day and happens to be ON 1 minute right when you checked it. So, maybe it is mostly OFF and mostly offline. :)

OE
Your looking at the second picture, which shows my wemo switch... always on-line, but I just turned the switch on then off again to make sure I was connected to it and had control of it.

Funny how the router shows some of my Wemo switches off line, but connected.

EventPhotoMan

Very Senior Member

OE
Here is another shot. Still showing offline. Even thou I can use the device.

225C9589-348A-455B-A0CA-714A6EFC7680.png

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
offline generally means that device has no known IP address.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
How is the IP address not know when the access point in question is connected to it, and communicating to it?

Because the DHCP server is running on a different device.

cooloutac

Very Senior Member
How is the IP address not know when the access point in question is connected to it, and communicating to it?

try giving them a static ip from the router and see what happens. Like Ozark I find the lists unreliable. But you are right that is strange if it never shows them offline. But it is also strange it shows it only on for 1 minute.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Then why are the other devices correctly showing?

Actually, clients the router has no knowledge of will report "<unknown>", not "offline". Offline is the state returned by networkmap, and only Asus knows what networkmap does these days...

EventPhotoMan

Very Senior Member
try giving them a static ip from the router and see what happens. Like Ozark I find the lists unreliable. But you are right that is strange if it never shows them offline. But it is also strange it shows it only on for 1 minute.
In regards to the Wemo switch... I turned it on (120volts switch) with the wemo app and then off again. This is why the app shows it was on for only a minute. The wemo switch is still on-line 24/7, just not for my back yard pumps , that it controls. Two different things.

D

Deleted member 51572

Hmmmmm

Any suggestion?

View attachment 28200
the same thing occurs with my AC86U in AP mode. devices will sometimes appear as being offline even though they are actually connected and using the internet.

in the router UI, click on Network Map, then View List or Client device map and wait a few seconds for the client list to update (you can also press the Refresh button under Client status), then go back to Wireless Log, the 'offline' devices will now show an IP address.

EventPhotoMan

Very Senior Member
[QUOTE="techcafe, post: 638567, member:
in the router UI, click on Network Map, then View List or Client device map and wait a few seconds for the client list to update (you can also press the Refresh button under Client status), then go back to Wireless Log, the 'offline' devices will now show an IP address.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much! But this is an access point.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!