What's new

Wireless Speed issues with 68u and 384 Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Daeyx

New Around Here
Hey guys, been using Merlin firmware for several years on several 68u and 66u routers spread across multiple family members houses pretty much all without issues. I recently decided to upgrade to the latest 384.6 and then to 384.7 firmware on my 68u at home from 380. I have factory reset the router twice to to try and fix this issue, but it always crops back up and reboot constantly.

I have 300 Mbps internet and my speed after a couple days will just basically shrink down to half or even 30% over 5G wifi. If I reboot the router, the speed comes back only to slowly go down again over time. Any device connected to 5G whether its my laptop, Ipad air 2, or my pixel will have slow wifi speeds and its getting extremely annoying. This does not affect anything connected wired, only wirelessly.

Anything I could be missing that could be causing this problem? Is there a way to downgrade back to 380 firmware?

Thanks for the help.

There have been some people who report the same thing with 384.6 and 384.7 with the AC68u serie.
It would be interesting to try 384.5 or 348.8_alpha1.

Assuming it's not a converted tm-mobile .Just reflash has normal with 380.70 , should work if you want to downgrade

where did you come from ?
>2 years old firmwares got much more radio power if that is your problem of slow speed because of weak signal.

You could go with Johns fork too, he uses older drivers, give it a try!

Where did I come from? Well, I just created an account.... as I have been having issues with the new firmware.

This isn't because of weak signal... I can be sitting beside the router with the same problem. I reboot and the problem goes away regardless of where I am in my house, my speed goes back up. So not entirely sure why you would suggest I use a fork for an issue that was never an issue before.

Anyway, thanks Sanna. I wasn't sure if I could just reflash the old firmware or not.

Where did I come from? Well, I just created an account.... as I have been having issues with the new firmware.
sorry, was meant from which firmware ...
anyway you could try John's Merlin-fork, well known to be very stable.

Ah, I understand. I came from 380.68. Followed the instructions and did a full reset and manually entered my settings after.

Just flashed back to 380.70, will see if this problem comes back.

I'll give Johns fork a shot, thx for the suggestion.

Downgrading to 380.70.Be prepared to do a Factory reset if there are problems after. Start from beginning , dont import saved setting