What's new

Wireless ZenWIFI Pro XT12 2.5G LAN Port Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jacky Siu

New Around Here
Hi, all,

I got a pair of ZenWifi Pro XT12 and the configuration is quite simple. XT12(main router) - XT12(node) 2.5G LAN port - 2.5G LAN port switch - other devices.

The problem is, seems that when I connect XT12 node 2.5G LAN port to the 2.5G LAN port of the switch, when this XT12 node restarts or reboot, it will select the 2.5G LAN port as the ethernet backhaul accidentally. And in the AiMesh section of master node, I have already disabled to use ethernet backhaul connection.

Currently I have two workarounds:

1. Disconnect the cable between 2.5G LAN port of the switch and XT12 node. After the XT12 node restarted, re-connect the cable from switch to this 2.5G LAN port of the XT12 node.
2. Change the port speed of this LAN port on the switch from 2.5G to 1G, after XT12 node restarted, change back the switch 2.5G LAN port to run at full speed 2.5G.

Both XT12 master and child node are running latest firmware 3.0.0.4.386.48174. Although I got workaround, wonder to know any way to disable XT12 node for trying to use 2.5G LAN port for ethernet backhaul?

Best regards.

Have similar problem with AX86U as master and GT-AX6600 as node.
In AiMesh -> select your child node -> Management -> "Backhaul Connection Priority" not sure if XT12 have this item or not but if it there, you can choose "2.5G WAN only" and it suppose to do the trick.

Unfortunatly with my setup more strange symptom here is that, even I set to 2.5G WAN only as backhaul, when the child node restart, the LAN behinde the child node is lost,
but the devices connected to node through Wifi still working. I still need to re-connect the lan cable to get the device behind the 2.5G LAN port to fix this.

Anyway, you can play with the "Backhaul Connection Priority" item to see if it helps.