What's new

Withdrawn from sale RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

One year old RT-AC86U with cooling fan. I have had no hardware issues with the router. Bought the cooling fan when there were issues with firmware which have been solved. Has Asus "beta" firmware but can flash Merlin 386.1_2 if desired. Asking $100 US. I replaced this router with an RT-AX86U.
That's a nice deal, esp. with the cooling fan. Best price for used on Amazon last I looked was $129.00 w/o cooling fan.

I would have seriously considered your offer since most cooling fans for the 86U can work for the 68U (I have one that runs very hot at 90+C idling). But I already bought 86U new that also works well.

Might help you bag a deal on this site, if you take a picture of the router/cooling fan and the original box and post it. ;)

Tempted to buy this as a mate to my own...

That's a nice deal, esp. with the cooling fan. Best price for used on Amazon last I looked was $129.00 w/o cooling fan.

I would have seriously considered your offer since most cooling fans for the 86U can work for the 68U (I have one that runs very hot at 90+C idling). But I already bought 86U new that also works well.

Might help you bag a deal on this site, if you take a picture of the router/cooling fan and the original box and post it. ;)
Don't have the original box. It was recycled a year ago and I never got the fancy outside sleeve as I bought it opened box.
Fan: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XDGXWC3/?tag=snbforums-20
having second thoughts about selling it to someone who may have issues with it.

If you're familiar with cryptocurrencies, this sounds like the perfect case for a smart contract.
Did you have issues with it?
maybe only sell locally, so you can offer the buyer a buyback if they have issues within 30 days?