What's new

WNDR3700v4 having issues (not pulling IP address from modem)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ppilot

Regular Contributor
So I've had a WNDR3700 v4 for about a year and a half and for the most of that time, it's been an absolute rock (on latest stock firmware update). However that's changed over the last couple months and has gotten to the point where I can't get it to work even after multiple resets. My Laptop connects to the modem just fine so I know it's a problems with the router itself. I've tried to the following steps:

- Unplugging both the router and modem (Comcast Modem that is set into bridge mode)multiple times
- Holding down the hard reset button for 15 seconds
- Spoofing the MAC address of the laptop which connects to
router without a problem

Anyone have any other ideas and should I just update to DD-WRT to see if that fixes the problems? I was considering using the Netgear Gearhead service, but thought that the $40 would be better spent on buying a new router

Try 30/30/30 reset method as it works on this router.

So I am pretty sure I did that when I installed DD-WRT but I will do it again just to make sure. Also I am taking the router over to my girlfriends to see if the issues exist when a different modem. If it's toast then I will be in the market for an upgrade.

Try 30/30/30 reset method as it works on this router.

So I hooked the router up to my girlfriend's SB6141 and it worked like a charm which means that the problem must be with Comcast's Technicolor modem/router. Do other people have connectivity issues with ISP equipment? Thankfully I have a SB6141 stashed in the closet, so I will just switch that out. Anyway, I guess I didn't need to flash to WW-DRT, but Netgear hasn't provided a firmware update since last fall so I was probably going to end up doing it at some point.

So I've had a WNDR3700 v4 for about a year and a half and for the most of that time, it's been an absolute rock (on latest stock firmware update). However that's changed over the last couple months and has gotten to the point where I can't get it to work even after multiple resets. My Laptop connects to the modem just fine so I know it's a problems with the router itself.

The AC adapter is going soft after being online for 18 months - replace it first...

This is a classic symptom for any router/AP...

So I hooked the router up to my girlfriend's SB6141 and it worked like a charm which means that the problem must be with Comcast's Technicolor modem/router. Do other people have connectivity issues with ISP equipment? Thankfully I have a SB6141 stashed in the closet, so I will just switch that out. Anyway, I guess I didn't need to flash to WW-DRT, but Netgear hasn't provided a firmware update since last fall so I was probably going to end up doing it at some point.

I had Comcast with same ISP router with no issues.

Since you are renting the router from ISP, I would suggest they give you a new one.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!