What's new

Wondering if anyone is successfully running an Asus ET12 with other AiMesh (6E) routers as nodes.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

connkall

Occasional Visitor
To sum things up quickly, I added two ET8's yesterday as nodes to my ET12 and they keep disconnecting... This would be my second (and last) attempt at Asus Aimesh. My hope is that it would work using 6E as the wireless backhaul with minimal tinkering. Both nodes get a good signal (per the ET12), they are maybe 20/25 feet apart in a triangle pattern, yet they keep randomly disconnecting.

I searching around trying to find if anyone has successfully paired the ET12 with another (6E) Asus router using wireless backhaul. My assumption is that these would have worked off the bat, all Aimesh compatible and 6E capable.

What steps have you done, specifically, to connect them?

Quick summary of setup: Unbox brand new set of ET8's, updated firmware for both at work, took home and plugged in desired location, logged into ET12 and clicked search, then added nodes (both connected without issue on first try), monitored connection and noticed they kept disconnecting randomly after a few minutes.

I left them off at this point and plan on only dedicating a tiny bit of my time to diagnosing the issue, i'm honestly just not in the mood to dive into to hours of fiddling and kind of expected them to work since its about $800 worth of routers...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!