What's new

Wow, this really could not have happened!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

keef

I had some spare time and the house was empty (ie: no network users) so I upgraded my Asus 3100 from 384.10_2 to 384_11.2. It seems to go ok and I received a message to manually reboot at the end. Fair enough, well nothing worked, wired and wireless were dead. The router had all the usual lights going, my wired connections showed link ok, it just did not work.

I could log in and poke around and it seemed normal. failing any bright ideas I did a return to factory settings hoping something was just off a bit. It did return to factory however no changes in function.

I am not at all laying blame on Merlin firmware, something happened at the same time. I have an Asus RT-N16 spare router so I put it into service and its working fine.

Can anyone offer suggestions on what to look at or try? I'd just as soon not have to scrap heap the 3100.

thanks, Bj

Last edited:
You may want to try another flash. Either the same version or the one you had before.

Unplug the power for a couple minutes and press the power button on and off a couple times to ensure complete discharge.

If both wired and wireless were dead how did you log in to the router?

Good catch. Initially, I thought all the ports were dead. Turns out it was just the WAN port and all wireless.

Last edited:
Well, I did a nuke reset and the router seems ok. I have not switched back to the 3100, however, it's offline, flashed with Merlin 384_11.2 and AMTM. I'll install Diversion today, Astrill VPN and Skynet a little later and let that settle for a day or so.

I am so grateful for everyone's help. I love my 3100 and I very glad its back humming along nicely.

thanks all.

Well, I did a nuke reset and the router seems ok. I have not switched back to the 3100, however, it's offline, flashed with Merlin 384_11.2 and AMTM. I'll install Diversion today, Astrill VPN and Skynet a little later and let that settle for a day or so.

I am so grateful for everyone's help. I love my 3100 and I very glad its back humming along nicely.

thanks all.
Excellent. Another success story for The Nuclear Reset. Thanks for the update.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!