What's new

WPA2 V WPA3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
If I were to switch my RT-AX88U to use WPA3, would that provide worthwhile extra security, but also, would it be likely to cause problems with connectivity of network clients?

Use the WPA2/WPA3-Personal setting, that way clients who are able to use WPA3 will.

I use WPA3 for a while. The only problem so far was with older iPad's that simply refused to connect. Even when I had the WPA2/WPA3-Personal setting active they wouldn't connect. The only way to get them connected was through the 2.4Ghz channel set to WPA2 only and the 5Ghz channel to WPA3 for all other devices that can handle a modern connection. We replaced these older iPads now and have all the networks set to WPA3.

I also found that my son's XboxOne could not be connected for the first time with WPA3. Setting to WPA2 only allowed connection and after that it is quite happy with WPA2/WPA3-Personal.

I use WPA3 for a while. The only problem so far was with older iPad's that simply refused to connect. Even when I had the WPA2/WPA3-Personal setting active they wouldn't connect. The only way to get them connected was through the 2.4Ghz channel set to WPA2 only and the 5Ghz channel to WPA3 for all other devices that can handle a modern connection. We replaced these older iPads now and have all the networks set to WPA3.
WPA2\WPA3 Mixed 5Ghz doesn't work on my Surface Pro 3 as well.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!