WPS AiMesh

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Grigione

Regular Contributor
Hello,I have main router AC86U and node AiMesh AC68U (both on last firmware!!),if I disable WPS (after initial configuratione)from main router then all devices 2.4GHz will be connect only on main router AC86U and Roaming don't work on 2.4GHZ!!!I hope thas Asus resolve the problem...

Last edited:

arthurlien

Very Senior Member
Hello,I have main router AC86U and node AiMesh AC68U,if I disable WPS (after initial configuratione)from main router then all devices 2.4GHz will be connect only on main router AC86U and Roaming don't work on 2.4GHZ!!!I hope thas Asus resolve the problem...

Could you send feedback with System log and WiFi log by Administration -> Feedback function?

oggy

Occasional Visitor
Hello,I have main router AC86U and node AiMesh AC68U,if I disable WPS (after initial configuratione)from main router then all devices 2.4GHz will be connect only on main router AC86U and Roaming don't work on 2.4GHZ!!!I hope thas Asus resolve the problem...

I'm having the same issue as yours I believe. I have set up 4 routers including my main. I have them all on AiMesh but the WiFi doesn't work on 2.4 GHz, it keeps connecting to 5.0 GHz.

arthurlien

Very Senior Member
I'm having the same issue as yours I believe. I have set up 4 routers including my main. I have them all on AiMesh but the WiFi doesn't work on 2.4 GHz, it keeps connecting to 5.0 GHz.

Could you send feedback with System log and WiFi log by Administration -> Feedback function?

oggy

Occasional Visitor

I sent a message first time with all options ticked but I tried to send again with only WiFi and System Log, it wont let me send, I keep clicking on the send button but nothing happens.

Grigione

Regular Contributor
I belive that there is a bug in AiMesh firmware by ASUS.I hope that computer engineers resolves this problem.

indark

I dont have the issue with WPS off, but I do have separate SSID for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz for my ai-mesh setup
just in case you are using smart connect feature, which isn't supported on ac68u yet? I think, might wanna give that a try and it might help them to determine the issue faster

Grigione

Regular Contributor
I don't Have SmartConnect active on my main router ac86u ,I have separate SSID for 2.4GHz and 5GHZ,but by WPS off (on main roter) there is a problem with all 2.4GHZ devices on AiMesh Roaming....all devices are connet only on main router ac86u

Last edited: