What's new

WPS broken in 386.7_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tomek

New Around Here
Hi all, as per the title, after 2 days of fight including multiple full factory resets of both my ac5300 and brother printers, I gave up. Last time I used WPS to reconnect my printers was about 2 years ago, worked seamlessly then.

The only post i managed to find, exactly the same symptoms i’m experiencing, suggests downgrading to 386.1_2: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/wps-not-working-stuck-on-connection-status-idle.75966/

Seems nobody with Merlin firmware on snbforums is using WPS :) or people generally prefer connecting peripherals using ethernet (unfortunately not an option here due to the lack of space near the router).

Any ideas if there is anything else I could try?

If WPS is not working properly, perhaps this is the issue with AiMesh wireless node discovery in Asuswrt-Merlin?

@RMerlin

I think the only option bar downgrading firmware might be to take the pain and enter the password at the printer. over 70 random mixed case characters on a small display without alphanumerical keyboard will take just under 2 hours :) This, or fallback to powerline adapters :-(

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!