What's new

WPS not working, libupnp.so missing?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

abraxas86

Occasional Visitor
I haven't used WPS ever, so I have no idea how long this has been broken for. I have a printer that I wanted to relocate and I can't run a lan cable to it. The problem is that the printer only allows WiFi connection via WPS. There is no manual setup.

When I try to run WPS on the router via the button, nothing happens.

When I try to initiate WPS via the router's web frontend, the page just refreshes but nothing else happens.

If I connect via ssh and try to run /bin/wps_monitor (was hoping this would get me on the right track) I get the following error: "/bin/wps_monitor: error while loading shared libraries: libupnp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I also tried to just find the file, but it didn't seem to exist
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/raw/master/release/src-rt-5.02L.07p2axhnd/router-sysdep.rt-ax86u/libupnp/prebuilt/libupnp.so

Is this the culprit for the broken WPS or am I way off on the wrong track?

I think the only thing you can do from the command line is run:
Code:
service start_wps_method
You won't see any output other than a confirmation it triggered the command. Check the syslog after that.

Never tried it, haven't used WPS ever on an ASUS router. YMMV.

My main hope was to generate some sort of error to figure out why WPS has been broken for (based on some googling) quite a while now.

I'll give this a shot tonight when I have a few minutes. Thanks!

I also never tested anything WPS related on Asus routers (and never used it on anything Wi-Fi), but I remember it was reported few times as not working in release threads. Perhaps AiMesh wireless node discovery issue is related. AiMesh requires WPS enabled for wireless setup.

There's no wps_monitor on the RT-AX86U, this is a thing for older models. What router model are you trying to debug? Your pointed libupnp is for the RT-AX86U.