What's new

WPS not working on RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mihu15

New Around Here
Hello all,

After upgrading from stock firmware on RT-AC88U I have tried to use WPS to add a device. After pressing WPS button it has flash twice and turned off. I've checkedthe Web gui and tried to do it over there by pressing proceed with button but website just refreshed. I have back to stock firmware and here is working fine. On the Web page after clicked WPS button it says at the status searching and few seconds later success.

Is there anything I could do to have this WPS working under asuswrt-merlin?

Thank you very much.

Hello all,

After upgrading from stock firmware on RT-AC88U I have tried to use WPS to add a device. After pressing WPS button it has flash twice and turned off. I've checkedthe Web gui and tried to do it over there by pressing proceed with button but website just refreshed. I have back to stock firmware and here is working fine. On the Web page after clicked WPS button it says at the status searching and few seconds later success.

Is there anything I could do to have this WPS working under asuswrt-merlin?

Thank you very much.
Well, you may want to consider not using WPS at all as it is easily hacked. Just turn it off.

As for the Merlin firmware, I believe there is a 2d barcode option that you can use for phones and tablets.

I am having the same issue on a RT-66U B1. I know the risks with WPS. I use it for a few seconds at a time to configure new devices and immediately turn it off afterwards. It's a lot better than typing my 64 random character password on a tiny printer touchscreen.

Does the printer have an Ethernet jack? If so perhaps you could use an older router configured as a client to access the printer. I have a small box of older basically obsolete routers that I sometimes use like this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!