What's new

WPS Reset

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
Does WPS need to be switched on before carrying out a WPS reset? I only ask because when I tried to do a WPS reset on my RT-AX88U before upgrading to 386.7_0, nothing happened when I applied power while holding down the button. I can't remember exactly what happened, but I held the button pressed for about 20 seconds and then released it, expecting to see some hints from the LEDs that the reset had been applied. Perhaps I didn't follow the procedure correctly? Also, does the WPS reset do anything in addition to what the reset button does? If I decide to try upgrading again to 386.7_0, then I want to make sure I'm following the correct procedure. Last time, I just did two resets with the button on the router after flashing the new firmware, but I still had problems as my other thread describes.

Does WPS need to be switched on before carrying out a WPS reset? I only ask because when I tried to do a WPS reset on my RT-AX88U before upgrading to 386.7_0, nothing happened when I applied power while holding down the button. I can't remember exactly what happened, but I held the button pressed for about 20 seconds and then released it, expecting to see some hints from the LEDs that the reset had been applied. Perhaps I didn't follow the procedure correctly? Also, does the WPS reset do anything in addition to what the reset button does? If I decide to try upgrading again to 386.7_0, then I want to make sure I'm following the correct procedure. Last time, I just did two resets with the button on the router after flashing the new firmware, but I still had problems as my other thread describes.

Reset FAQ
Reset/Restore - clears settings in NVRAM; reboot restores fw defaults from CFE.
Hard Reset/Restore+Initialize - also clears data logged in /jffs partition.

If you can get into the webUI, just use Restore+Initialize and wait for it to finish booting... Power LED flashes 3 times on all models I've seen.

OE