What's new

YazFi Wrong IPs or Inactive Clients shown on YazFi WebUI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Currently, I don't have a GitHub account. During my entire professional career so far, I have never had the need to have one because I've worked only with private companies that have proprietary products/projects so all source code repositories are kept in-house, in company-owned servers, using other source code version control management tools. I have in the past integrated some open source libraries (e.g. OpenSSL, Boost C++ libraries, Expat library, etc.) into our projects, but that's as close as I've gotten to open source code. I suppose I could open a GitHub account if you really need a PR to merge any code changes. It's likely that I'll continue to be very busy in the next few days/weeks as s/w development ramps up with approaching deadlines, but one of these weekends I could take some time to open an account if really necessary.

How soon do you need to have the PR in place?
Ah no worries if you don't have an account, I'll copy your code and credit you accordingly. Thanks!

IIRC, the ARP cache itself has its own timer for refreshing its own data so, technically, even the ARP cache may not be "fully accurate" at the instant we collect the information because its data is not refreshed in real-time as clients join & leave the network. Again, this is a reasonable compromise in the system design because we're not talking about a time-sensitive component behind a time-critical system that must be accurate to the millisecond.

At any rate, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
I neither agree or disagree, just merely stating facts. It has always been your choice what to do with them. Curious, Would this be the same using the original arp -an or is that refreshed accurately? And you are correct, it isn't fortune 500 scripts being ran on fortune 500 routers, so why the bother huh? Expect inadequacies.

Nevermind that. Good luck.

Last edited:
I neither agree or disagree, just merely stating facts. It has always been your choice what to do with them.
Merely stating facts does not mean having full, deep comprehension.

Curious, Would this be the same using the original arp -an or is that refreshed accurately?
The "arp -an" command takes the information from the ARP cache and then shows it in a different table format.

And you are correct, it isn't fortune 500 scripts being ran on fortune 500 routers, so why the bother huh? Expect inadequacies.
It seems that the opinions, knowledge & understanding you have regarding the various technical aspects of this discussion may very well be miles wide, but only a couple of inches deep.

Knowledge of facts is not enough; context & nuance provide greater understanding which then leads to deeper comprehension.

Well, it has been fun, but IMO this discussion has essentially run its course and is no longer worth my time pursuing. Have a nice life, mate.

Merely stating facts does not mean having full, deep comprehension.

The "arp -an" command takes the information from the ARP cache and then shows it in a different table format.

It seems that the opinions, knowledge & understanding you have regarding the various technical aspects of this discussion may very well be miles wide, but only a couple of inches deep.

Knowledge of facts is not enough; context & nuance provide greater understanding which then leads to deeper comprehension.

Well, it has been fun, but IMO this discussion has essentially run its course and is no longer worth my time pursuing. Have a nice life, mate.
Yea it ended, with my good luck, the fact you feel the need to spread personal opinion on the matter suggest another issue entirely. Facts don't illicit person opinions as you have started on about. As said before , good luck and expect inadequacies on your journey of deeper nuance understandings.

Last edited: