What's new

Wrong number of firmware version?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CLS

New Around Here
Hi!
I just downloaded latest version of AsusWRT-Merlin firmware 384.13_4 for my Asus RT-AC87U. After the installation of the firmware I saw it still show 384.13_2 on my router, It should be 384.13_4. I know that I have downloaded correct version. Anyone with same issue?

Hi!
I just downloaded latest version of AsusWRT-Merlin firmware 384.13_4 for my Asus RT-AC87U. After the installation of the firmware I saw it still show 384.13_2 on my router, It should be 384.13_4. I know that I have downloaded correct version. Anyone with same issue?
It's still on version 384.13_2. Try it again, I had the same router and experienced this problem several times during an upgrade. Best if you can upgrade from a wired client and not over WiFi.

Other people have upgraded without issue , I just flashed this on my neighbours 87U and it is fine.

When I had an 87U I found the same could happen, on this model I always reboot > flash > power cycle.

Try power cycling the router : (leave power button on, pull mains plug from wall and let router power down. Leave for a couple of minutes then power on again)

For some reason the RT-AC87U can randomly fail upgrading. Trying again will eventually work.

I can only confirm that 384.13_4 is working fine on it, I've personally tested that model before release.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!