What's new

WRT610N Refurb $66.99 Free Shipping

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DaveMcLain

Regular Contributor
A few weeks ago I found this deal on E-Bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cisco-Linksys-W..._EN_Routers&hash=item53e599a78d#ht_1913wt_956

If figured for $66.99 with free shipping that I couldn't really lose so I ordered one up and it arrived in Linksys brown box packaging in a few days.

The unit I received was in like new condition without a scratch. In the box was the power supply, CD and a new cable. My box is the version 2 and I installed DD-WRT firmware because I need the bandwidth graphing and metering features.

So far so good and this box has great wireless coverage at my house. I'm using the 5Ghz band for my Roku box and I have about 8 other wireless devices running in the 2.4Ghz band.

In the past folks have complained about these boxes running hot but after two weeks of use it's running at about 100 degrees in a room that's about 70-72 degrees. This was checking it with an IR heat gun and finding the hottest spot on the cover. I have the router wall mounted in a vertical position so that might help it to "breathe" better.

If having something that's a refurb doesn't bother you this is a pretty good deal, at least so far.....

There are some differences between a v1 and a v2. Also, the v2 is the same hardware as is used on the newest E3000. I would assume that having the v2 would be more desirable but it's probably not a giant difference. Neither one is a "neutered" version like say the V5 and later WRT54G.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!