What's new

WTFast stays with the change to Merlin?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kameron

New Around Here
Hi there. I just ordered an ASUS AC5300 that will be here tomorrow and prior to this purchase, I did a lot of research into current hardware and firmware. The obvious choice for firmware became very clear and I fully intend to change it to Asuswrt-Merlin during setup. I've found plenty of helpful information thanks to this forum however, I cannot find any information as to whether the WTFast game client remains accessible and usable after the change to Merlin. With two active gamers in the house, this is not a requirement but would be a very welcome feature. Any information related to this is much appreciated.

These are the games supported by WTFast on Asus router;

http://prntscr.com/g48nru

as you can see all are beta. I've used premium WTFast earlier. It's good if your connection is not good enough and only if you are using chain connection. Otherwise WTFast makes your pings higher. That's why I don't recommend using WTFast router client.

These are the games supported by WTFast on Asus router;

http://prntscr.com/g48nru

as you can see all are beta. I've used premium WTFast earlier. It's good if your connection is not good enough and only if you are using chain connection. Otherwise WTFast makes your pings higher. That's why I don't recommend using WTFast router client.
Ok. I did not know that. It seems I should do some more research into the WTFast software itself. Thank you.

Ok. I did not know that. It seems I should do some more research into the WTFast software itself. Thank you.

You're welcome. Let me also give details about my WTFast experience which may help.

I mostly play Rocket League and I used to have some problems because of my ISP and my ping was between 60-110 ms. with WTFast Multi-server Chain Connections it became 60-80 ms. About one time in a week WTFast crashes, connection between the game server is lost and I can't reconnect again because server does not accept me since I try to reconnect with different IP address and server thinks I disconnected from a ranked game and bans me for a while. This is why I hate about WTFast.

After a while the problems about my ISP was solved and my ping became 50-75 ms. After that when I enabled WTFast it wasn't able to create a better connection chain so it was passive all the time and I uninstalled it.

So I advise you to first try the free trial and buy it if it makes your connection better. otherwise it is useless. On the other side, WTFast client on Asus Router is crap in my opinion, don't waste your time on it :)