What's new

x3mRouting x3mRouting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TDO

New Around Here
I can't figure out how to install x3mRouting. I choose option #2 to install the VPN Client GUI.

In my router GUI I see the message:

"x3mRouting OpenVPN Client Settings

Before starting the service make sure you properly configure it, including the required keys,
otherwise you will be unable to turn it on."

I see post about putting scripts in a JFFS/?? directory. I don't see that directory on USB drives either.

I would really like to setup IPlists "I think it's called" so I can us Netflix, Amazon, Disney, discovery, hbomax. They all seem to be blocked by nordvpn.

I'm obviously a noob with all this, and I appreciate any help very much. Thank You in advance :)

Welcome, @TDO!

If you haven't inserted a USB drive to be used by amtm, a swap file, Entware, and scripts (or haven't installed those either), you will need to do that first.

amtm Step-by-Step https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-step-by-step-install-guide-l-ld.56237/#post-483421

Use the link above as needed to get to that state (and remember you don't need to 'install' amtm as the guide suggests, it is already included since RMerlin 384.15_0).

Otherwise, what the output is stating is that you need to properly configure a working VPN before turning the script on.

thank you

all complete
  1. vpn client openvpn nord is working Cleint 5
  2. USB Partioned and working
  3. AMTM is working
  4. diversion, Entware, x3mRouting (option 2:router vpn client GUI) all installed
Problem i have is what to do next to get to where I can see the x3mRouting GUI in the vpn client screen and how to do the IPset lists. I'm not sure how to jffs directories either.

Once again I apologize for noob questions and really appreciate the help!

ok. thank you.

I think I have read the entire x3mRouting thread 3-4x. Still can't figure out how to get the GUI to show up.

Asus rt-ax86u router merlin-wrt 386.1 beta 2
All steps completed through installation of x3mRouting. I have run a couple x3mRouting scripts (not really sure what I'm doing)
-ran script: x3mRouting ipset_name=AMAZON_US aws_region=US
-ran script: x3mRouting ipset_name=NETFLIX dnsmasq_file=/jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/NETFLIX_DOMAINS
The scripts ran fine no errors. Still no GUI and Don't know how to see JFFS directory. It's not in file explorer so I don't know what scripts of files are that directory. I think with the GUI and ability to see the JFFS directory I could probably follow the x3mRouting thread.

Maybe the amtm Step-by-Step Guide in free link in my signature below may help you find a way.

I can't figure out how to install x3mRouting. I choose option #2 to install the VPN Client GUI.

In my router GUI I see the message:

"x3mRouting OpenVPN Client Settings

Before starting the service make sure you properly configure it, including the required keys,
otherwise you will be unable to turn it on."

I see post about putting scripts in a JFFS/?? directory. I don't see that directory on USB drives either.

I would really like to setup IPlists "I think it's called" so I can us Netflix, Amazon, Disney, discovery, hbomax. They all seem to be blocked by nordvpn.

I'm obviously a noob with all this, and I appreciate any help very much. Thank You in advance :)
The JFFS is a partition on the router that needs to be activated first. In Administration-System look for Persistent JFFS or JFFS2 partition. Click on Yes for 'Format JFFS partition at next boot' and 'Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs', scroll down and apply. Now reboot the router to have the JFFS formatted. After that you can install x3mRouting and then you should see the GUI. I would reinstall all other scripts as well since some parts of it also rely on a working JFFS partition.

Last edited:
ok. thank you.

I think I have read the entire x3mRouting thread 3-4x. Still can't figure out how to get the GUI to show up.

Asus rt-ax86u router merlin-wrt 386.1 beta 2
All steps completed through installation of x3mRouting. I have run a couple x3mRouting scripts (not really sure what I'm doing)
-ran script: x3mRouting ipset_name=AMAZON_US aws_region=US
-ran script: x3mRouting ipset_name=NETFLIX dnsmasq_file=/jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/NETFLIX_DOMAINS
The scripts ran fine no errors. Still no GUI and Don't know how to see JFFS directory. It's not in file explorer so I don't know what scripts of files are that directory. I think with the GUI and ability to see the JFFS directory I could probably follow the x3mRouting thread.
https://github.com/Xentrk/x3mRouting/tree/master contains all of the setup instructions.

If you want to use the 386.1 Beta with x3mRouting option 2, you need to update the screen separately.

Please refer to the https://www.snbforums.com/threads/x...asuswrt-merlin-alpha-and-beta-releases.68285/

The screen will be incorporated into the master repo once the beta becomes an official release.

The GUI shows up automatically when you navigate to the OpenVPN screen. Not using the screen may be easier. Although it is cool to look at the screen to see what ipset lists are being routed to a client...it does require the extra step of entering the ipset entry in the policy routing section of the screen. Alternatively, specifying the interfaces is set it and forget it. A quick review of /jffs/scripts/nat-start will show you what is going on. For example, route ALL netflix traffic to VPN Client 1:

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh ALL 1 NETFLIX-DNS dnsmasq=netflix.com,nflxext.com,nflximg.com,nflximg.net,nflxso.net,nflxvideo.net

Here are the commands to navigate to the /jffs/scripts and /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting directories in an SSH session.

cd /jffs/scripts
cd /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting

What SSH Client are you using? You should be able to configure the SSH client to set /jffs/scripts as your home directory.

Last edited: