What's new

x509 certificate for Rclone

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

snakeplissken

New Around Here
Hi Merlin experts

First time poster with my first ever Asus router with Merlin installed which takes it to another level, I'm extremally happy on what this firmware can do

however I have come to a brick wall and need the help of others to get me over it. I have installed entware from the amtm page followed by an install of Rclone which was effortless (even for someone like me)

I then set it up to connect to an FTP server with it set to use explicit tls. But It couldn't connect due to the following error "x509: certificate signed by unknown authority". I'm no expert but I am a googler ha & from what i could understand I needed to create self singed certificate?

So I tried to create one & following the instructions i came across i managed to complete the first step creating the key. But when i go to the second step "Create Certificate Sign Request" i just come across the following error

Error Loading extension section v3_ca
4144644112:error:22097069:lib(34):func(151):reason(105):NA:0:name=subjectAltName,section=@alt_names
4144644112:error:22098080:lib(34):func(152):reason(128):NA:0:name=subjectAltName, value=@alt_names

if anyone has any advice id really appreciate it.

thanks